Re: Help Required

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Help Required
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:02:16 -0400

%% Regarding Help Required; you wrote:

  ss> I don't know if this is the right mailing list to ask for a
  ss> question. I have to wtite a makefile that should work on
  ss> Windows/Linux platform I am sure that gmake will work properly in
  ss> Linux but not sure gmake will give me the same set of features in
  ss> Windows as given in Linux. So please help me to suggest whether
  ss> gnu make is having rich set of featutres that I can use gnu make
  ss> to write Linux as well as Windows Makefile

Virtually all the GNU make features are available on all the platforms
GNU make supports.  The only exceptions are more advanced things like
parallel builds, etc. which don't work on Windows.

But all systems support all the same makefile syntax.