How to use wildcard for different 'stem' values

From: hans . peter . van . lohuizen
Subject: How to use wildcard for different 'stem' values
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:50:15 +0200

Hi,

I am still looking for a way to get a wildcard function expanded for differend values of % as described in the email below.
I just wonder if I am trying to do something impossible, or that it is so obvious that it is not worthwhile to be answered?

Is my assumption correct that the wildcard function is only expanded once for the first % value?
If yes, would there be a workaround for my case?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Hans Peter.

Hans Peter van Lohuizen