Re: Re: RE: real-time log

From: Ian Dunbar
Subject: Re: Re: RE: real-time log
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:58:28 +0000

  vj> I verified with gmake version 3.8 and what you say is true.
  vj> Although I have to use the following version of make and in that
  vj> version what I say is true!  For reasons I cannot spell out I am
  vj> stuck with following version. Any help is appreciated.

vj> GNU Make version 3.79.1 (Symbian build 005), by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

It looks like this is a customized version of GNU make.  Obviously
there's no way we can know what changes were made and so of course we
cannot give you any advice on how to work around those changes, if
that's even possible.

FWIW, the same (or similar) version of make works as expected for me on Windows 2000 using either Paul's sleep Makefile (with cygwin sleep), or the one modified to use pause. make --version gives:

GNU Make version 3.79.1 (Symbian build 005), by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for Windows32
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000
       Free Software Foundation, Inc.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR APARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Find absolutely anything in Ireland online with the all-new MSN Search! http://search.msn.co.uk