Add grep command inside makefile.

From: givemecode
Subject: Add grep command inside makefile.
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:37:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello - I have a source tree which has a makefile and subdirectories which
also have a makefile. Each of the subdirectories represents a particular
module of the code. In one of the modules, I want to put a grep command
inside its makefile so when the module is compiled, it searches for
something inside the assembly code that is produced, and fails if it's
found.

I can put the grep command successfully inside the main makefile after all
the compilation is finished and I can make it fail, but how do I move the
grep command into the module's makefile (eg linux.mak) as a tailored flag or
something else?

thank you