Re: make internals and parallelization

From: Michael Muratet
Subject: Re: make internals and parallelization
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:29:14 -0500

On Aug 12, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Stephan Beal wrote:

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 12:10 -0500, Michael Muratet wrote:
> If and how it threads were among my questions. So when it starts the
> nth job, how does it do that? We've had some problems with vfork in
> the past and I had some posts about it a few weeks ago. I'm 99% sure
> it's a memory problem and I'm chasing that, but is make using vfork to
> start jobs? How does it start processes.

(Sorry, Paul: this time i hit reply-to-all)

i'm going to take a bit shot in the dark here: is this a Cygwin system? i've very often seen "fork error" (in make and elsewhere) on Cygwin.

A beowulf system with six 8-core Intel Nehalem nodes all running CentOS.

Mike

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/