Re: [Help-nano] ^M

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] ^M
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:44:38 -0400

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:36:30PM -0500, Mike Horton wrote:
> Is there anyway to get rid of the ^M character at the end of lines in some
> files. I  have opened the same files in both nano and pico, nano shows the
> ^M and pico doesn't.

Nano should automatically detect if files are in DOS or Mac format, and
deal with it.  Perhaps you have "set noconvert" in your .nanorc file,
which turns off this auto-detection.  Try

nano --ignorercfiles

If that doesn't work, could you send an example file that Nano doesn't
work on?  Maybe we need to fix the autodetection.