[Help-nano] Color on WinNT

From: Nkuvu
Subject: [Help-nano] Color on WinNT
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:13:54 -0800 (PST)

I just finished compiling nano successfully 1.1.12 on
my WinNT box (it's at work, no choice on the OS).

I have a .nanorc file all set and ready to go, and
configured it to read using the --enable-nanorc
option.  Where should I put the file on my Windows
box?  I've tried multiple places -- C:\winnt\,
C:\winnt\profiles, C:\cygwin, C:\cygwin\bin, etc etc.

The main reason I want the .nanorc file is for syntax
highlighting, but I also want to be able to change the
color options for the program itself.  Is that an
option, or do I need to do some code editing and a
recompile?  The current colors for the help messages
at the bottom of the screen are almost totally
unreadable.  I've been able to use nano only due to
the fact that I'm familiar with pico.

TIA