Re: [Help-nano] wierd chars..

From: Neil Brown
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] wierd chars..
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:37:31 +0000

How do I REMOVE the ^M that nano puts at the end of every line???

Checking my ASCII chart, looks like ^M is the character that DOS uses in newlines but not Unix.  This can be affected by, when you go to save and are writing the filename, press Escape, then D to toggle to and from DOS format (list of options should be down the bottom).  Not sure if this can be set in nanorc, but I would have thought under Linux the default should be Unix format, not DOS.

HTH,

Neil.