[Help-nano] Nano and SSH

From: Paul Adams
Subject: [Help-nano] Nano and SSH
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:28:53 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

I am seeing two odd behaviors when using nano 1.2.4 over an SSH connection.

First, any text that I paste into the editor acquires cumulatively more blank space at the beginning of each line. So, if I copy the text:

1
2
3
4

from another window and paste in into a nano window, it will appear as:

1
  2
    3
      4

Second, mouse functionality doesn't work. Nano is compiled with --enable-all, and when I access the same instance of nano via a direct console connection, both the mouse and pasting work fine.

The issues don't occur in Pico. I have tried various SSH clients, terminals, and platforms, but that doesn't seem to affect the problem. The host systems are running OpenSSH.

Any help would be appreciated.

        Paul