Re: [Help-nano] command-line override of options set in .nanorc?

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] command-line override of options set in .nanorc?
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 21:53:07 -0600 (MDT)

Chris Allegretta wrote:
> Why would you not just toggle auto-indent off before pasting and back
> on again if desired with Meta-I inside the editor?  I think that's
> generally what is done.

Thanks!

To answer the question "why", well, I'm not in the habit of using features
that aren't documented in the program's manual pages. To find out what you
were talking about, I had to find
http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v2.2/nano.html

Perhaps the nano.1 man page could be amended to summarize the Special
Functions and Feature Toggles sections of that document. It is not safe to
assume people are familiar with pico (or even have it) or that they would
would know to look on the web for the rest of the documentation.

Mike