Re: Keyboard shortcuts

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: Keyboard shortcuts
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 11:51:57 +0100

Op 20-03-2022 om 18:24 schreef Лазар Корсић:
> I want to know if there is a way to set keyboard shortcuts so that I can
> still use them even if I change my keyboard layout in X, for example, from
> us to ru with command "setxkbmap ru".

Not that I know of.  It might be possible by creating a custom xkb layout,
with special upper levels, but I haven't looked into that.  With a .nanorc
it's not possible, as it understands only ASCII characters for shortcuts.

(The usual way of switching between layouts is not with 'setxkbmap', though,
but by setting up two layouts in your Keyboard Settings somewhere and choosing
a key combo to switch between layouts -- "Both Shift keys together" is the most
reliable one.)

Benno