help-ncurses

Re: Scrolling in a form

From: Sanket Desai
Subject: Re: Scrolling in a form
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:08:28 +0530

Hi Angelina,

Thanks for your prompt reply. yes, you are correct that menus should be used. But rows are generated dynamically i.e. it is not fixed at compile time. One more thing, as I have written in my previous email I have 4 fields in one row. And when a row is selected all 4 fields should be highlighted. So, is it possible with menus? Please provide your comments.

regards,

Sanket.

On 10/15/05, Angelina Carlton <address@hidden> wrote:
Sanket Desai <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi list,
>  I am new to NCurses. I have a problem. I am trying to implement scrolling
> in a form.
>  Here is description in detail.
>  I have a form. There are 4 fields in each row (all fields are single line).
> I am able to scroll page by page. I have set pages using set_form_page and
> set_new_page functions.
>  But now I want to scroll one row at a time in addition to page by page
> scrolling. Actually, I also don't know how to define a row (line) in form. I
> have simulated it.
>  Please provide your valuable comments.
>  regards,
>  Sanket.

Hi have you looked at:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO/menus.html#SCROLLMENUS

It is more applicable to the menu library but it seems that it might be
close to what your looking for.

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net