how to solve this error mesages from this program?

From: gwestern
Subject: how to solve this error mesages from this program?
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 23:24:14 -0600 (CST)

Hello Folks,

I am very thankful to many good guidnances from Nicholas and others for the
problem of symbolic.
By the way, the next problem is to run this program  RBCkato.m
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373188/RBCkato.m>

Well, I ran this program by matlab and then matlab prosecute it
succcessfully and gave a result.
However, when I use Octave and ran this; then there happpens many errors;
so many errors massages could not be copied all here.

some of thems:
1) >>        syms  ct   kt  lt  rt  vt  ca   ka    la  ra  va  ;

warning: the 'syms' function belongs to the symbolic package from Octave
Forge
which you have installed but not loaded.  To load the package, run 'pkg
load symbolic' from the Octave prompt.

**my comments: actually, my symbplic is working good and no problem.

2) error: 'va' undefined near line 2 column 14
>>        wt = (1-alpha)*vt*(kt/lt)^alpha;
error: 'vt' undefined near line 1 column 23
>>    % Optimal Conditions  & state transition
>>        labor   = lt^lamda-wt/(myu*ct^sigma) ;       % LS = LD
 error: Invalid call to lt.  Correct usage is:  -- lt (X, Y)

3)  >>    [W, V] = eig(A);
error: 'A' undefined near line 3 column 15
>>    Q = inv(W);
error: 'W' undefined near line 1 column 12
>>    %W*V*Q;
>>    theta = diag(V); error: 'V' undefined near line 2 column 17

4)  error: operator *: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 0x0, op2 is 2x1)
>>       SY = [S1' ;S]  ;
error: vertical dimensions mismatch (1x2 vs 24x0)
>>       X = (real(P)*SY')';
error: 'SY' undefined near line 1 column 20

All these similar kinds of errors were happened.

But when i use matlab, there are no such problems and showed the results!

Could you guide me to solve this problem at Octave?

Thank you very much!

Insang