Re: Knight's tour

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Knight's tour
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:58:15 -0500

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM SimonAllen <address@hidden> wrote:
What am I doing wrong?

I have taken the amended file with the added function of function
q=SpiralNumbering(x,y) and popped it into the editor.   When it wanted to
save it I gave it 'knightstournew'. I have then gone to Run and the Command
Window gives me

error: 'SpiralNumbering' undefined near line 52 column 25
error: called from
    knightstournew>@<anonymous> at line 52 column 25
    knightstournew at line 78 column 19

It is as if it does not see the new function at all.     I have also watched
a few beginners tutorials on Octave on Youtube just to make sure I am not
missing something obvious.

I see I can type 'knightstournew' in the Command Window but it give the same
result.

For the life of me, I cannot see where I am straying.

there is this concept of the working directory. If you type in pwd and enter
it will show you where you are in your computer's file directories.
you should save these files in that location and then try again.

DASCertificate for 206392