help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] help with date format

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] help with date format
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:07:20 +0200

Hi Pietro.

    recins dont work with my locale's date format

    $ date
    mer 15 giu 2011, 11.00.00, CEST

That is because the parse_datetime implementation we are using only
supports english names in the dates constituents.

That said, we shall generate parseable dates only.  I am determining the
best way to force an english locale in librec when generating the dates.

In the meanwhile you can use the following workaround to change the
locale of your recins process:

  $ LC_ALL=en recins -t Task -f Field -v Value exemple.rec --verbose

Thanks for reporting this problem!

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org