help-recutils

[help-recutils] Strange behaviour by recsel

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: [help-recutils] Strange behaviour by recsel
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 22:45:00 +0100

I'm wondering if this is in fact a bug:

$ cat test.rec
%rec: Entry
%mandatory: User Passwd
%confidential: Passwd
$ recins -t Entry -f User -v Me -f Passwd -v foobar -s mypwd test.rec
$ cat test.rec
%rec: Entry
%mandatory: User Passwd
%confidential: Passwd

User: Me
Passwd: encrypted-KQHgnWPifAIZNmWm2frU0Q==
$ recsel -s mypwd -t Entry test.rec
User: Me
Passwd: foobar
$ recsel -s mypwd -t Entry -e 'User = "Me"' -p Passwd test.rec
Passwd: encrypted-KQHgnWPifAIZNmWm2frU0Q==

In the last call I expected the value to be printed decrypted.  It
seems like such an obvious bug that the lack of a report of it is
making me wonder if I'm using it wrong :)

/M

email: address@hidden   jabber: address@hidden

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay