help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] referencing records in another file

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] referencing records in another file
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 17:08:08 +0100

Hi Sebastian.

    Is it possible to reference records in another file through foreign
    keys? I see in the manual that you can have remote descriptors, but can
    you also reference the contents of another file? Something like an
    %include statement would be a simple solution for that.

Hm, not at the moment, other than piping all the involved files to a
recsel.  At some point I thought of supporting an auto-load mechanism,
where recsel would automatically open a file called FOO.rec every time a
record of type FOO is referenced.