[Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 1.96.2 (devel) out

From: Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 1.96.2 (devel) out
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:05:48 +0100

I have published at
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk/smalltalk-1.96.2.tar.gz a new development
version of GNU Smalltalk, featuring complete (!) documentation for BLOX, TCP
and the internationalization toolkit.  This is generated by parsing the
file-ins, not by looking at existing classes in the system, and of course
the parser is completely reusable. This system highlighted a few bugs in the
namespace code which will be fixed in the stable version as well, resulting
in a 1.95.8 version that I'll publish today or during the weekend.

Another important change is that BLOX, TCP, I18N and the Smalltalk parser
are now in separate namespace.  Be careful, this breaks backwards
compatibility but can be fixed by adding appropriate imports to the classes
(in the form of pool dictionaries): more information are in the README-alpha
file.

Have fun!