[Help-smalltalk] 2.0.1 is already there :-)

From: Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] 2.0.1 is already there :-)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:42:33 +0200

I found an embarassing syntax error in the JIT compiler.

Also, I discovered today that the debian package is doing hacks because the
image file and the packages file had to be in world-writable directories.
This is a bug, the directory must be world-writable only if the image is
older than the kernel files, which should not happen!  So if you weren't
root, you could not do "gst -qK blox/Run.st" as advertised, because gst
would create a new image and would not find the packages file in the new
image's path.  To fix this cruft I'm releasing 2.0.1 now.

It looks like saying `release candidate' discovers 33% of the bugs in a
release :-)