Re: [Help-smalltalk] [2.1.x][debian3.0] various questions

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [2.1.x][debian3.0] various questions
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:05:36 +0200

> We tried to compile on NetBSD/Sparc 1.6, NetBSD/I386 1.6 and 1.6.1,
> Debian/i386 2.1, RedHat9.0, all failed with various messages.

Please send them

    (./configure 2>&1; make 2>&1) > log.out

Often it's a simple fix that does.

> Well, we have to  start by the beginning : running the graphical browser
> environnement, draw a rectangle , fill it with dumb characters.

What do you mean?

> * How to suppress the emacs/lisp code, we don't want to install emacs on
> our machines and we don't understand why we have to manipulate lisp
> listening , anyway 'make' hangs on the file smalltalk-mode.el with NetBSD.

I will add an autoconf conditional; but just touch smalltalk-mode.elc and
gst-mode.elc so that make does not apply the rules.

> *an Environnement variable with a set command before running a command
> like "gst -qK blox/Run.st"

None.

> *How to launch a king of "Class Hierarchy Browser" as illustrated but
> not enought explained in the documentation ?

After you run blox/Run.st, it is evident from the menus.

> *Do we have a formely named leader for all Docs ?

You can write here.