[Help-smalltalk] bug report - offset value from UTC to local time in Fil

From: Yamamoto Jiro
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] bug report - offset value from UTC to local time in File class
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:30:35 +0900

When I perform the following code;

| file |
file := File name: '/foo/NewFile'.
file writeStream close.
(Delay forSeconds: 3) wait.
^(file creationTime < DateTime now)

I get 'false'. This happens because the answer from the #creationTime
message to a File instance, always has 0 value of offset from UTC to
local time while the answer from the #now message to DateTime class,
has the right offset value (in my location, 9:00 hours). I suspect that
other messages to a File instance, #lastAccessTime, #lastChangeTime and
#lastModifyTime, have the same problem.

Regards,
- Jiro