[Help-smalltalk] GST configuration and use for Computer Language Shootou

From: Isaac Gouy
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] GST configuration and use for Computer Language Shootout
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 21:12:17 -0700 (PDT)

Is JIT now enabled by default?

Building with
./configure --enable-modules=TCP,Regex --enable-jit

programs seem to have just the same performance as when we build with
./configure --enable-modules=TCP,Regex

I would appreciate it if anyone confident that they have an optimised
installation of GST could check that they get kind-of similar relative
performance to the numbers we post on the Computer Language Shootout
pages.

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=gst&lang2=gst&sort=fullcpu

(I'm confident in our ability to get things wrong, and would like to
confirm that we haven't grossly mis-configured GST.)

best wishes, Isaac

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs