Re: [Help-smalltalk] smalltalk-2.2 build for Mac OSX 10.4.4

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] smalltalk-2.2 build for Mac OSX 10.4.4
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:02:52 +0100

The make finished successfully except that adding readline feature failed. The tck/tk libraries used for this link process are those for Tcl/Tk Aqua (not for Tcl/Tk X11). So you can enjoy some native widgets PLUS beautiful anti-alias font. To adapt this gst image onto a standard Mac display, some modifications are required in methods on a blox layer and others classes. Here is my setup for that

        <http://bagdad-cafe.homedns.org/myblog/article.php?id=76>

Many thanks for Paolo, and all the contributors to gst!!!
Very nice, I'm incorporating some changes. This is not an exact application of your patch because I'm making #defaultFont react to the platform ("BLOX.Blox platform" should yield "#macintosh" right?) and I'm choosing the font in blox-tk, and never in the browser/*.st files.

The "file" changes are already in 2.2 I think (or will be in 2.2.1).

What's the exact purpose of the "window" changes?