Re: [Help-smalltalk] ZLib Z_SYNC_FLUSH/Z_FULL_FLUSH

From: Robin Redeker
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] ZLib Z_SYNC_FLUSH/Z_FULL_FLUSH
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:46:27 +0200

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:54:11AM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> >>   defl flush: Z_FULL_FLUSH.
> >
> >Seems like a good idea.  One would have a #flush and a #flushDictionary
> >method for Z_SYNC_FLUSH and Z_FULL_FLUSH respectively, if I understand
> >correctly.
[.snip.]
> Thanks for this request, it is indeed a useful one!

Yea, I'm currently writing some kind of network server where I would
like to use Zlib to optimize the overhead a bit. I'm currently trying
to figure out how streams are supposed to work at all and wrote some
code some hours ago to init a compression handshake in the protocol
I've implemented. Now all I need to figure out is how to plug the
compression streams on that already existing TCP Stream :-)
(That blox doesn't work here slows down the browsing a bit :-)
(see that bugreport I should've sent some days ago :)

Thanks for the good work!

Robin