Re: [Help-smalltalk] performance of the json parser

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] performance of the json parser
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:22:20 +0100

With the attached patch and removing use of "outputEncoding" from the
example, I got 2/22/3 with a great reduction in outliers (opposed to
5/34/14 before).

Fine by me.

The best thing would be to avoid completely allocating the input buffer for the Iconv objects when the streams are backed by a String. However, I fear that's post-3.0.