[Help-smalltalk] Re: Cairo + SDL

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Cairo + SDL
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:30:40 +0100

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Seriously, I think we can make a different package (something like
> CocoaApp) that does the same things as SDLmain.m (see
> http://fisheye1.cenqua.com/browse/~raw,r=1.1/twin-e/twin-e/SDLMain.m for
> the source), and make it a prerequisite of SDL on Mac OS X.

That is a good idea.

We might want to retain two binaries, though, one with and one without
SDL support: one binary might not be sufficient for both shell-level
scripting and SDL programming, since for scripting use of gst, you don't
want to constantly register and deregister applications with the gui
system when you don't intend to act like a proper gui app - it's heavy,
and distracting to users.

Tony