[Help-smalltalk] I can't find out where the error is

From: Canol Gokel
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] I can't find out where the error is
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:14:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

When working with GNU Smalltalk the most notable difficulty I face is that I
can't understand where the errors are. It does not say on which line the error
is unless it is a syntax error.

For example, my last program gives an error like this:

Object: nil error: did not understand #value
MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>signal
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #value
True>>and:
UndefinedObject>>executeStatements

I guess there is an object which is sent a "value" message but the object is a
"nil" object so it does not understand the message. But I have more than one
"value" messages so I absolutely don't know where the error is. It would be very
helpful if all the errors were represented with line numbers.

Also does anyone else have the same problem on Windows XP, that when there is an
error, then gst crashes?