Re: [Help-smalltalk] GST development and debugging

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GST development and debugging
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:22:20 +0100

> What tools do you use, and in particular how would you go about
> debugging sockets?

I usually go with vi/printNl.  Scripting language debuggers are actually
a bit primitive (not just gst).

But well, in this case I suppose I'd start with gdb, because it looks
like a C crash (probably something wrong is being done by the socket
bindings).  From the backtrace I can see what is crashing, but it
requires gdb to understand what wild address it is looking at.