[Help-smalltalk] Re: About a book on GNU Smalltalk

From: Canol Gokel
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: About a book on GNU Smalltalk
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:57:13 +0000 (UTC)

Canol Gokel <canol <at> canol.info> writes:

> I had an idea back one or two years ago about writing an "absolute beginner
> programming" book which uses GNU Smalltalk as the tool to teach programming.
> And
> I have done a lot of work on it but after my lessons got a little harder at
> university now I cannot find time to finish it.

With some encouragement after months, I finalized Preface, Chapter 1 and 2
(except the Smalltalk history part of the Chapter 2) by fixing some typos,
entering the missing indexes, removing some unnecessary sentences and arranging
the end of chapter questions and answers. You can download the latest pdf again
from:

http://www.canol.info/smalltalk/gnu_smalltalk_book.pdf

Now, on page 3 you can find the date book lastly updated so that you can
compare if the pdf you got is the latest version.