[Help-smalltalk] new GTK event loop, part 2

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] new GTK event loop, part 2
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:20:53 +0100

These are the changes needed to make the debugger work with the new GTK event loop. Gwen confirmed that Iliad works under VisualGST with the first patch I posted, but the debugger was broken (he also had hacks in his patch to fix this).

In the old event loop, the debugger worked more or less by chance because it went into a busy wait processing GTK events. Now instead we must return from whatever GTK event we were processing (returning nil seems to work) so that g_main_context_dispatch can keep running. Doing this requires implementing a nice CallinProcess>>#detach method that changes the CallinProcess into a Process and continues the work there.

In the meanwhile, I fixed a few bugs in UnhandledException that popped up while testing. We are very very close to removing the old instance-based (VisualAge-inspired) exception handling system.

All that's missing is GtkDialog>>#run, then we're good to go. Gwen, would you take a look at that?