Re: [Help-smalltalk] GST on Solaris 8

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GST on Solaris 8
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:23:34 +0100

On 02/24/2010 10:38 PM, Rick Flower wrote:
1) configure script does not detect nanosleep() -- likely because
    it resides in librt.so on Solaris (requiring the user to add
    "-lrt" to the LIBS line in the Makefile(s).  The side effect
    of this is that the process test (when doing a 'make check' will
    hang indefinately because it uses usleep() which apparently
    has issues on Solaris 8.

Fixed in git.

2) On Solaris 8 (not sure about 10), trunc(), truncf(), truncl(),
    lrint(), lrintf(), powl() are all missing -- this causes problems
    when building prims.def or prims.inl.  For now I've removed the
    offending function references in prims.def/inl which causes
    floating point operations to dump core with a stack overflow..
    Perhaps not a good fix..:(

truncl and powl should be replaced already, I added replacements for the others.

3) On Solaris 8, when building lib-src/sincosl.c, gcc (different
    versions) complain about how sincosl_table is defined.  It is
    defined as a static at the top of the file and then there's
    some code referencing it in the middle of that file and at the
    end of the file is the initialization array for it.. I moved the
    initialization to the top and used only one declaration.. Not
    sure if that's good or bad.

It's good, I did the same.

I'll push the changes shortly to the git repository.