[Help-smalltalk] Re: [smalltalk-research] Re: [Esug-list] Google Summer

From: Yanni Chiu
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [smalltalk-research] Re: [Esug-list] Google Summer Of Code 2010 news!!!
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 11:43:07 -0500

stephane ducasse wrote:
Mariano

Well I do not know anybody writing code under LGPL in Smalltalk.
So this is an issue. I think that having a license mess will not help. So we do not care about the fact that the project use a apporved license, we care that people can/will use it afterwards.
So LGPL is not a good idea.

GLORP is LGPL, with a subsequently added explanation of how the the license should be interpreted in a Smalltalk context. INAL, but this still seems muddy, since it's unclear whether or not the author's interpretation and intentions would override the actual license, which is LGPL. Or, is it the case that the actual license is LGPL + author addendums - gah, another license mess.