Re: Colons in indices

From: karl
Subject: Re: Colons in indices
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:09:54 -0400

    For example, some control character.

And have the info readers transliterate the control character into a :
so it looks right when presented to the reader, or for searching, etc.?
Hmm.  That would be a big change in the general way Texinfo works, to
since info files would no longer be static, but expected to be processed
further by the reader.

Also, technically control characters are allowed in info files just like
anything else (except CTRL-_ I guess, but I don't think we could use
that :).  However, as long as the info file is being parsed dynamically,
you could use anything, including @:.

Probably before making any such large change we should write an actual
definition of info format :).