Re: How do permanently add another search path to info?

From: Andrew Scrivner
Subject: Re: How do permanently add another search path to info?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:19:45 -0600

>> From: " Andrew Scrivner" <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:50:34 -0600
>>
>>      But why then is there an info search path at all if everything belongs
>>      in /usr/local/info?
>
>As Karl told you, you can indeed change INFOPATH, but since you sayd
>in your original message that you want the setting take effect for all
>the users, I thought that changing INFOPATH is not the best way to
>handle this, since it is not easy to propagate that change to all the
>users, unless you have them all execute some common script when they
>log in.
--------

        I figured that I would have to recompile info to fix this, the fix is
        apparently to edit ./info/filesys.h and add another default search
        path to the source.

        Or you can redefine DEFAULT_INFOPATH when you compile.

Regards,
Andrew Scrivner - UnixOps - Information Technology Services
University of Colorado - Boulder Campus