Re: random texinfo questions

From: Ovidiu Predescu
Subject: Re: random texinfo questions
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:23:25 -0700

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:54:51 -0400, David Petrou <address@hidden> wrote:

> which pattern are you referring to?  my problem is that if the
> copyright is visible from info, then it appears twice in the printed
> version.  is this `working fine'?  also, i assume i'm misunderstanding
> the detailed instructions for texinfo, since, clearly, this step is
> pretty important and a lot of attention has been given to documenting
> it.  but i'm stuck.  :)

As an example of such a document, checkout:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xslt-process/xslt-process/doc/xslt-process.texi.in?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Now that you mentioned it, I took a closer look at the generated
documents.

I noticed that the info file doesn't show the copyright information
when you view it from info (either the standalone C program of from
Emacs). The copyright info does show up however in the file, right at
the beginning, so if you view the file with an editor, you'll see it.

The HTML version doesn't show the copyright info from within the
@titlepage environment. Of course the one between @ifinfo/@end ifinfo
will not show up anyway. So the end result is that the HTML version
doesn't have any explicit copyright notice. I don't care about this
anyways, since I usually don't want legal notices on Web pages.

The PDF and PS versions show the copyright notice as expected, on the
second page. This is what I really care about.

Personally I like this setup, and I use it for all the Texinfo
documents I write.

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <address@hidden>