about an info search tool

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: about an info search tool
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 00:07:16 -0700

I wondered if anyone here would be interested in the amatuer written
perl script I use to search info nodes by regex from the command line:

It uses syntax like this:
 info --output - --subnodes 2>/dev/null $target $regex
 Where $target is a node and $regex a perl regex.

That command is run by perl to render the plain text and then the
whole output is stuffed in an array, replayed and searched, printing
either 1 or 6 line[s] of context on both sides.

run it like:  infosrch bash HISTIGNORE

It can be viewed or downloaded here:

  http://home.jtan.com/~reader/exp/scripts

in case anyone thinks it would be worthwhile to polish up and maybe
include as a page in info standalone.