Re: macro trouble

From: Patrick Guio
Subject: Re: macro trouble
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:04:53 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Karl Berry wrote:

>     I have written a macro (actually it behaves more like an alias) for
>     prototypes
>
> It seems that TeX's @macro implementation cannot handle arguments with
> multiple lines, I'll add this to the list of failings in the manual.
> You'll have to use makeinfo (or texi2dvi) -E.

Did you mean -e ? I cannot find any -E option.

> Although in this case, I'm not sure what the @macro is actually buying
> you.  Why not just use @example directly?  Anyway ...

I want to be able to redefine the way the prototypes will look like in a
simple way and automatic way as for example be able to add a @strong or
another style macro without touching the examples.

Sincerely, Patrick

PS: by the way is there a way to shorten the @cindex like for example

@cindex Array
@cindex Array creating from Fortran arrays

so that the concept list will look like something like

      creating from Fortran arrays ..  16