Re: [help-texinfo] Problems with makeinfo --xml and nco.texi

From: Alper Ersoy
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Problems with makeinfo --xml and nco.texi
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:23:29 +0300

Hello,

Charlie Zender:
> If anyone with makeinfo experience could please tell me how to
> produce a mozilla-viewable .xml file from nco.texi I would very
> much appreciate it. It should only take a few seconds to verify
> that your suggestion works, or that there are problems with
> makeinfo --xml.

Ah.  Well, makeinfo --xml is not supposed to be viewed as-is by XML
compliant browsers.  It is a general markup language, so you have to
tell browsers how to format various elements by stylesheets (CSS.)

Also, you can attach an XSL stylesheet to transform the document on
the fly to HTML or XHTML.

Otherwise, makeinfo --xml output does not render like HTML does, even
on XML compliant browsers.

I will try to come up with examples to both of these on Sunday.

Thanks,

--
Alper Ersoy