[help-texinfo] Re: Problem with macros in displays

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: Problem with macros in displays
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:17:37 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 01:34:56PM +0100, Laurence Finston wrote:
> I'm having a problem with the following macros inside
> displays, i.e., between address@hidden' and address@hidden display', when
> using `texi2dvi'.

yes, the @macro support is somewhat kludgy.  In specialized environments,
like @example, it tends to break.

And @display is like @example, only with the regular font instead of \tt.

Did you know that you are using \obeylines?  (I mean the text is printed
line-by-line, not as paragraphs?)

@quotation doesn't change \parskip.

> Any help would be much appreciated.

Well, as far as your request ``make @macros work in @display's'' is
concerned, it's hard to accomplish and I beleive it's not the right way.

I believe that we have to pull the other end of the rope: what's wrong
with @quotation?

Could you prepare an example why we would see what you are trying to
accomplish?  Then we can find/create a markup which would express your
real intentions, and then we can find out whether its presentation is
right or wrong.

Regards,
        Stepan Kasal