Re: [help-texinfo] Re: AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS, maude_LIBTOOLFLAGS, and LIBTOOLF

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Re: AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS, maude_LIBTOOLFLAGS, and LIBTOOLFLAGS
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:55:56 -0500

     Akim> It is my understanding that the closing ) must stick to pxref.

    Karl, is this true?  I find the Texinfo manual a bit unclear about
    this

Technically, the pxref will work with following text, in the sense that
the Info readers will be able to follow the reference.  Thus, no warning
from makeinfo.

But grammatically, such text will appear after a period, which looks
rather odd, not to say wrong.  For example, the one you found:

 be resized for you automatically, please *note automatic-tiling:
 Variables. for more information.

I added a little bit to the pxref node in texinfo.txi to try to clarify this.

    But OTOH Texinfo distributes an example use of @pxref outside a
    parenthesis in doc/info-stnd.texi:

I changed this.

Thanks,