Re: [help-texinfo] hyphenation with texinfo

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] hyphenation with texinfo
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:08:52 -0500

    And I ran tex story.

Please look at the tex.log file, probably in /var/lib/texmf/web2c, which
got written when tex.fmt was rebuilt.  Did Italian hyphenation patterns
(among others) get loaded?  Please send me that file.

    /root/docs/document.texinfo:1: Undefined control sequence
<----------- ?????
    /root/docs/document.texinfo:1: Missing number, treated as zero
<----------- ?????

If you run simply "tex document.texinfo" instead of texi2dvi, you'll get
error messages with more information.  In this case, I surmise that
address@hidden is not defined, either because your version of Babel does
something different than mine, or because the hyphenation patterns did
not get loaded.  tex.log should tell us the story.

    I can't see any reference to "Figure"

"Figure" is not hardwired in Texinfo.  If you use
@float Figura
(or whatever it should be), then you should get captions with "Figura".

If this isn't the case, send the input file so I can understand the
situation ...

Regards,
karl