Re: [help-texinfo] alternate node name

From: Jean-Louis Leroy
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] alternate node name
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:36:10 +0000

>> I end up with needlessly long names that take no advantage of context,
> What names did you want to use originally?  Are you saying that you
> wanted to have several nodes called "Persistence"?

No, I want to strip the "in Relational Database" because that will still
be in the user's short-term memory because he got there on purpose,
normally:

@node Persistence in Relational Databases
@chapter Persistence in Relational Databases

@menu
* Object Identity::
* Mapping Inheritance::
* Persisting Simple Types::
* Persisting References::
* Persisting Collections::
* Using Predicates with the Relational Tool::
* Exercising the Relational Tool::
@end menu

@node Object Identity
@section Object Identity

> Anyway, "Persistence in Relational Databases" doesn't sound too long
> to me.

The triplet next/previous/top can end up taking a lot of place. It
nearly wraps on my ThinkPad X40. But it's mostly the redundancy that
annoys me.
--
Jean-Louis Leroy
Sound Object Logic