Re: [help-texinfo] command index and unified index

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] command index and unified index
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 21:28:45 -0700

On 19-May-06, at 4:36 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

As a special case, macros with a single argument lift these
limitations.  From the Texinfo manual:
-snip-

Indeed; I didn't realize that this got around the \\foo => \foo formatting. Thanks! For the mailist archives, here's the complete solution:

----
@syncodeindex ky cp

@macro funindex {WORD}
@findex \WORD\
@kindex \WORD\
@end macro

@c  Use with:
@funindex \command

@node LilyPond command index
@appendix LilyPond command index

@printindex fn

@node LilyPond index
@appendix LilyPond index

@printindex cp
----

Note that the @syncodeindex command needs to be near the beginning of the file; sticking it right above the @printindex doesn't work. (it _does_ mention this in the manual, but I missed it the first time I read that page, to much pain)

Cheers,
- Graham