[help-texinfo] Re: does texinfo supports utf8 now?

From: William Xu
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: does texinfo supports utf8 now?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:37:34 +0800

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

> I believe this bug is fixed in CVS.  In 4.8 and earlier, character 0xa0
> turned into a regular space (0x20).  That's no longer the case (thanks
> to Miloslav).
>
> I don't know when the next release will be, but if you need the fix
> urgently, I guess you could use the CVS version.

Thanks a lot ! The CVS version works fine. (I was using 4.8.dfsg.1-4, in
debian unstable)

There's one little problem during `make install' though,

,----
`----

--
William

"The fundamental purpose animating the Faith of God and His Religion is to
safeguard the interests and promote the unity of the human race, and to foster
the spirit of love and fellowship amongst men. Suffer it not to become a source
of dissension and discord, of hate and enmity."

"Religion is verily the chief instrument for the establishment of order in the
 world and of tranquillity amongst it's peoples...The greater the decline of
 religion, the more grievous the waywardness of the ungodly. This cannot but
 lead in the end to chaos and confusion."
                -- Baha'u'llah, a selection from the Baha'i scripture