Re: [help-texinfo] glossary tips?

From: DJ Delorie
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] glossary tips?
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:44:41 -0500

> I could probably come up with a different incantation (even less pretty)
> to just add an entry to the PDF outlines, without adding it to the
> actual toc, if you want to go that way.

That would be useful.  I've already wrapped all the definitions in
macros anyway, for the links (below).

> for each use.  Have to wrap it in a macro to be practical to use.  I
> hope the newlines don't cause trouble.

They did.  I ended up putting the macros inside the @ifhtml etc so
that the newlines get swallowed.

> Even this ugliness has the problem that if someone generates an html
> file split in any way, the links would fail, since they wouldn't be in
> the same file any more.

It's good enough for now, as I'm just cross-referencing terms used
within the terminology section, which are defined elsewhere in the
terminology section.

The macros (and usage) ended up looking like this:

@comment wrap terms at their definition
@ifhtml
@macro tdef{TERM}
@html
<a name="\TERM\">\TERM\</a> @end html
@end macro
@end ifhtml

@ifnothtml
@macro tdef{TERM}
\TERM\
@end macro
@end ifnothtml

@comment wrap terms to cross reference
@ifhtml
@macro tref{TERM}
@html
@end macro
@end ifhtml

@ifnothtml
@macro tref{TERM}
\TERM\
@end macro
@end ifnothtml

@item @tdef{annulus}
@itemx @tdef{annular ring}
The donut-shaped ring of copper that surrounds the hole of a
@tref{pin} or @tref{via}.  In @pcb{}, the size of a pin or via is the