Re: [help-texinfo] Re: makeinfo: option for disable fill_column?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Re: makeinfo: option for disable fill_column?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:13:47 -0500

    -/* makeinfo -- convert Texinfo source into other formats.
    +/* makeinfo.c -- convert Texinfo source into other formats.

That is intentional.  The comment is talking about the program as a
whole, not the one particular source file.  In fact, the GNU coding
standards say to write such a comment :).

    +            /* insert (' '); */
    +            insert ('\n');

Hmm.  Inserting a newline instead of a space at the end of a sentence is
very different than turning off filling, in general.

I'm not seeing any easy answer here.  I'm going to go ahead with the
next release and hope a good solution can be found in time.

    -   FROM says where where to start. */
    +   FROM says where to start. */

Thanks.