[help-texinfo] Commands in indices

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [help-texinfo] Commands in indices
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:50:47 +0200

I give up regarding Texinfo, makeindex and texindex.  I want to index
(in Lilypond) command names like \relative.  They should appear in the
index only once, as @code{\relative}, should be in the sort order in the
index in printed form and HTML considered as "relative" and when I use
'i' in the Emacs info reader, they should be found as "\relative".

Documentation about sorting stuff in Texinfo is basically non-existent.

How do I do this?

--
David Kastrup