Re: [help-texinfo] texi2html trouble

From: Andreas Falkenhahn
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] texi2html trouble
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 00:39:30 +0100

On 26.12.2011 at 23:47 Patrice Dumas wrote:

>> Thanks, book.init seems to do the trick but there's still one flaw: When
>> select the first chapter in the left frame, the whole TOC appears again
>> in the right frame and the contents of the first chapter are at the very
>end
>> of the TOC. So the user has to scroll all the way down to see the
>> chapter's contents because it is preceded by the TOC. But this is only
>> the case for the first chapter. All other chapters are working fine. Any
>> ideas why this is happening?
>
>It's because it is the Top element, which is treated especially.  I
>just read the code, and indeed, it is not very easy to prevent the
>contents to be output there.  I think that you need an init file this time.
>
>The init file just needs to unset the unconditional contents formatting.
>you could try a file, called for example no_content.init containing only:
>
>$DO_CONTENTS = 0;
>1;
>
>Then you'll call texi2html like
>
>texi2html --init book.init --init no_content.init ......

Thanks a lot, now it's working indeed! There's just one minor problem left:
For foo.texi, texi2html creates an entry file named foo_frame.html and this
file references foo.html for the main frame in this line:

<frame name="main" src="foo.html">

foo.html, however, is not created by texi2html so opening foo_frame.html
in a browser leads to a 404 error in the right frame.

Also, another question: Is there a way to get rid of the footer that says:
This document was generated by U-MACHINAE\Andreas on December 27, 2011 using
texi2html 1.82.

It is appended to the end of every document automatically but I'd prefer to
leave this out.... no offense meant of course :)

Andreas