Re: [help-texinfo] converting texinfo to html in spanish

From: David Arroyo Menéndez
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] converting texinfo to html in spanish
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:06:21 +0100

2012/1/5 Patrice Dumas <address@hidden>
On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 03:10:28PM +0100, David Arroyo Menéndez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've a texi file in spanish and I'm converting it to html:
>
> With texi2html --document-language=es orgguide.es.texi
>
> The result is nice, but the tag @seealso is not being translated to
> spanish.

What is exactly @seealso?

It's similar to xref an example of use is:
@seealso{ @uref{http://orgmode.org/manual/Document-Structure.html#Document-Structure, Chapter 2 of the manual}

> I've read that texi2html is obsolete and the option suggested is
> makeinfo.

But not the released makeinfo, which is obsolete too, but the new
makeinfo implementation in perl, still in CVS, to be released
soon...

Ok

> But with makeinfo --html --document-language=es orgguide.es.texi
>
> All common elements like index, next, prev, ... is in english.

makeinfo 4.13 hasn't many translations.  You should have mire luck with
texi2html, but it is not guaranteed either.  Even for the new implementation,
I am not sure what will be translated.

--
Pat

I could do the spanish translation if a po file is provided...

Thanks for your message.

--
David Arroyo Menéndez
http://www.davidam.com