[help-texinfo] Consecutive spaces in node titles?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: [help-texinfo] Consecutive spaces in node titles?
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 22:03:14 +0000

Hi,

at http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/56775 I post-
ed a bug where Emacs's info doesn't follow the link "Secure?
Conform?" in Bison's TOC that info (GNU texinfo) 4.13 recog-
nizes.  The (probably) relevant bits from the info file:

| address@hidden ~/src/emacs]$ zgrep 'Secure\?' /usr/share/info/bison.info.gz
| * Secure?  Conform?::           Is Bison POSIX safe?
| * Secure?  Conform?::           Is Bison POSIX safe?
| File: bison.info,  Node: Multiple start-symbols,  Next: Secure? Conform?,
Prev: Implementing Gotos/Loops,  Up: FAQ
| File: bison.info,  Node: Secure? Conform?,  Next: I can't build Bison,  Prev:
Multiple start-symbols,  Up: FAQ
| 11.6 Secure?  Conform?
| File: bison.info,  Node: I can't build Bison,  Next: Where can I find help?,
Prev: Secure? Conform?,  Up: FAQ
| Node: Secure? Conform?364602
| address@hidden ~/src/emacs]$

Note the one vs. two spaces between "Secure?" and "Con-
form?".  This led to the question in
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/56847:

| Does this mean that info (GNU texinfo) 4.13 treats a sequence of spaces
| in the names as one space character?

So I turn to the wisdom gathered here :-).

Tim